What is the purpose of the role?
This is an exciting time for marketing at Turtle Bay as we grow our team to continue the incredible success the brand has had over the past few years.
We’re looking for an experienced marketer who is passionate about Turtle Bay and be willing to learn about every element that makes us who we are – from the islands that inspire us, to the music that moves us – and all the rum and food in between!
You will have proven capability in executing footfall driving marketing initiatives to a high standard. It’s a fast-paced role so you’ll need to be a self-starter who is highly organised and able to work to deadlines, giving you the space to be agile and reactive when needed.
The success of this role is based on building strong relationships with our restaurant teams and working collaboratively with the wider marketing and support centre teams.
This role reports directly into the Marketing Director.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Execution of national and regional campaigns across multiple channels
• Working in a cross functional team to develop and execute new menu development and roll out, including all print elements.
• Developing and maintaining POS and brand touchpoints in the restaurants
• Print supplier management
• Coordination of collaborative campaigns with third parties, including alcohol suppliers
• Ownership of delivery marketing and partner relationships
• Working closely with the E&I partner to execute events, campaigns and PR activity
• Monitor competitor activity and stay on top of trends - ensuring we remain fresh and innovative
• Actively seek out and present commercially viable marketing opportunities
Regional Marketing Activity
• Owning new site opening marketing, from pre-opening support, opening event management and for the first three months of trading,
• Own and implement localised marketing strategies ensuring on brand consistency
• Support operations team and restaurant managers to improve their understanding of marketing and their ability to implement targeted footfall driving activity
• Work with the digital team to plan and execute digital support for local activity, including but not limited to, website, app, email, social, paid social.
• Work with the graphic designers on asset creation and continual improvement of our local marketing tools
• Working with local and regional third parties to develop sales opportunities
• PR agency liaison to secure coverage on a local level
• Track activity and share best practice to refine the local marketing support
• Owning the events programme at Turtle Bay, including outside catering pop ups
• Support local and national scale events, inside and outside of restaurants, including planning, promotion, restaurant liaison and execution
• Liaison with PR agency to secure coverage for all event activity
• Leading the Guest Experience function, and working with the Guest Experience Supervisor
• Evaluating guest interaction points and identifying ways to reduce guest questions or issues at source
• Resolving escalated guest enquiries that cannot be handled by the Guest Experience team
• Track and evaluate Guest Experience procedures, policies, standards, and effectiveness
• Manage all technology platforms, including regular performance reviews with agencies
• Run weekly/monthly/quarterly reports that provide updates on progress against various KPIs
• Prepare data to support decision making on an ad-hoc basis
• Tracking competitor, industry and wider trends and activity
• Supporting other internal departments with marketing needs, including training and recruitment
• We’re not a huge team, so we all get stuck in with whatever we need to when required – from guest enquiries, to managing the booking system.
Key Internal Stakeholders
• Senior Leadership Team, including CEO
• Marketing & Design Team
• Guest Experience Team
• People Team
Required Skills and Experience
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar marketing role.
• Experience of stakeholder management.
• Experience of traditional and digital channels, including campaign management, to drive sales and build engaging campaigns that gain traction with guests.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• An understanding of how to measure, and analyse performance across a variety of channels from brand awareness to sentiment.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus under pressure.
• Experience within hospitality - not just as a customer but within marketing ideally
• Ideally will have had previous account handling experience with agencies
Where’s the role based:
You’ll need to be able to work from the Bristol office at least 2 days per week – though this may be different in your first few weeks. You’ll be visiting restaurants frequently to work with the operations team so travel and nights away from home will be a regular occurrence.
Check out our other vacancies below!